In just a couple of weeks, my older son will start preschool.
Here are a couple of things, in no particular order, that I hope he learns while he is there:
- What finger paint smells like
- How to glue cotton balls onto construction paper
- The words to Down by the Bay
- That there are other cool things in the world besides trucks and washing machines
- That if you push someone’s block tower over, it will hurt their feelings
- That occasionally – just every now and then – it is okay to sit still for a little bit
It’s not an exhaustive list, but even if it went on forever, there are a few things you can be sure I wouldn’t include: “kindergarten readiness,” for example, or even his ABC’s or colors.
(I’m confident that, as soon as the time is right, he’ll figure out that J can’t be K just…
View original post 561 more words