How people in Flint were stripped of a basic human need: safe drinking water | Michigan Radio

Protestors in Flint.
STEVE CARMODY MICHIGAN RADIO

The tap water in Lee Ann Walters’ home in Flint was causing her family’s health problems. Tests show her water had extremely high lead levels. Her son Gavin was diagnosed with lead poisoning.

“How does this happen in the United States?” she asks. “I mean, you hear about it in third world countries, but how does this happen, specifically in a state that is surrounded by the Great Lakes?”

It’s a good question. How did this happen?

To understand, we have to go back to 2013.

For the rest of the story: How people in Flint were stripped of a basic human need: safe drinking water | Michigan Radio

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s