The tap water in Lee Ann Walters’ home in Flint was causing her family’s health problems. Tests show her water had extremely high lead levels. Her son Gavin was diagnosed with lead poisoning.
“How does this happen in the United States?” she asks. “I mean, you hear about it in third world countries, but how does this happen, specifically in a state that is surrounded by the Great Lakes?”
It’s a good question. How did this happen?
To understand, we have to go back to 2013.
For the rest of the story: How people in Flint were stripped of a basic human need: safe drinking water | Michigan Radio